Thank you for showing an interest in Tangle of Keys and our debut production; Battle of Wills.
There’s quite a lot down there, and whilst we recommend you read it all, here’s a summary:
- Masks must be worn when inside venues (The Red Lion Hotel, local shops, and pubs)
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the whole event
- A way one system through the hotel will minimise crowding
- Team sizes are limited to 6 players from the same household or social bubble
- Players will need to register with our Track and Trace system
- Hand sanitiser will be available at key locations
COVID-19 has placed an immense strain on many people’s lives, the events industry, and the economy. We all should be doing everything we can to protect ourselves, each other, and especially those that are at high risk. As the rate of infection begins to decrease and the government’s restrictions begin to ease, we hope that we are able to bring some much-needed excitement and enjoyment to people in Henley with our events. That being said, we will be taking every reasonable measure to ensure the safety of everyone involved with our event, players, staff, and actors alike.
If you have purchased a ticket, and the event is postponed or cancelled, you will receive a full refund of the ticket price.
To ensure social distancing, we have reduced the capacity of the event by 50 % and opened more sessions, allowing groups to flow through the event with much-reduced contact time.
We must politely request that those that fall in the following categories do not attend the event:
- You or someone from your household has shown any symptoms within 2 weeks of the event (From 21st August 2020)
- You are within either the ‘High Risk’ or ‘Moderate risk’ categories according to this article from the NHS
We appreciate players/ticket holders cooperation as we work to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all. That is why the following requirements will be in place for those wishing to attend the event:
- Players are responsible for bringing their own PPE and must wear facemasks when in the following situations:
- When inside the Red Lion Hotel
- When interacting with actors
- When interacting with props, puzzles, and any commonly visited attractions
- Teams of players should be from the same household or ‘bubble’.
- Before the event and upon arrival, players will be asked to participate in a screening process
- Players must uphold social distancing with other teams and members of staff
Players that do not adhere to these regulations will not be allowed to take part in the event.
We have made the following changes to the structure and logistics of the event in an effort to create a safe environment:
- The venue will feature a one-way system, with players entering in the front of the venue, and leaving through the car park at the rear
- All staff and actors will be required to wear facemasks or transparent faceguards whilst inside the Red Lion Hotel and any other indoor space
- Actors with ‘face to face’ interactions will be required to wear face marks
- Social distancing rules will be in place throughout the entire event
- The capacity of the event has been reduced to ensure that social distancing can be maintained whilst inside of the venues
- Players are encouraged to bring their own facemasks and gloves as a limited supply will be available on the day of the event.
- Commonly interacted with props will be cleaned after each use
- A one-way system in place to avoid crowding inside the venues
As we get closer to the day of the event, we will review these requirements and alterations to meet the Government and WHO guidelines.
We hope to relax the requirements to create a more comfortable environment.
If ticket holders are not able to attend the event due to someone within the household showing COVID-19 symptoms, they may be entitled to a full or partial refund. This will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If this applies to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.